Box Office Associate
The Union County Performing Arts Center is looking to hire a part time Box Office Associate for nights and weekends with the possibility of day time hours on occasion. For most patrons, the Box Office is the beginning of their experience at the Union County Performing Arts Center (UCPAC), and it is important that the first impression for a patron is as positive as possible. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about theater and wants to be a team member at great historic theater.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating computerized ticketing system.
- Describing pricing and ticket options to patrons in detail
- Keeping informed about UCPAC programming in order to respond to patron queries in a knowledgeable manner.
- Encouraging patrons to purchase tickets and packages. If nothing currently interests them, offer to take an email address to keep them up-to-date on future shows.
- Informing patrons of membership options and other notices required by management.
- Checking and responding to voice mails in a timely manner.
- Answering patron complaints and inquiries in person or via telephone.
- Processing complimentary ticket requests when instructed to do so by management.
- Printing and appropriately filing will calls.
- Printing and mailing any tickets patrons wish to have mailed directly to them. Must include any directions and marketing materials such as postcards and buck slips listing upcoming shows.
- Handling cash, checks and credit card transactions, making change and issuing receipts with valid tickets to patrons.
- Responsible for verifying opening cash starter and then recording end of day receipts.
- Cleaning and organizing assigned area (front counter and box office lobby) to maintain a neat and orderly appearance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience with ticketing system preferred (Vendini is a plus)
- Flexible schedule
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com